I realized yesterday how much of the summer is gone already, but it still doesn't seem like it's in a terrible rush to be over. If anything, the summer is way too damned long... I got word about how much I'm getting paid for TAing this year as well as the pay schedule, and all I can say about it is that I'm not too eager about eating Ramen for the next month or so. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it but complain, and complaining doesn't strike me as all that interesting today.
What has Bill been doing?
- Reading Greek and Sanskrit... both have been lagging a bit for a few months and I'm going to need at least Greek for Schuy this fall.
- Going for walks after nightfall, when it finally cools off. Living without air conditioning is just masochistic, but there's not much you can do about it when you're broke. But that said, it's been unusually enjoyable to be out and about in Boulder; it's actually a pretty nice place when all the idiot hippies are asleep and/or too high to walk down the sidewalk.
- Looking for a Bulldog breeder somewhere reasonably closer to Boulder/Denver. I've decided it's about time to have a dog around the place again, and while I'll always have a special place in the ol' heart for Bichons, a Bulldog is much more akin to me: lazy, surly, flabby, and enjoys it when they wake up in the morning to find M&Ms stuck to their face... I mean, when that happens, it's going to be a good day no matter what.
- Trying to fandangle my way into getting the first two days of the second week of fall semester off, which would really mean simply missing a Schuy/Knox class each way before anything of importance would happen. That's because I'm going to be in Texas for Jose's wedding for that weekend no matter what, and with Amanda coming down with me for free, I'd like to show her about Houston/Austin/Waco if I can. So, if any of y'all will be there as well, let me know!
- Swimming to beat the heat. I figured out the pool here uses the same key as the laundry room, so I've been taking full advantage of that, despite the fact that I'm as pale and pasty as ever.
And thar, she be it. Vale!